Sunday, April 12, 2009

Harmony 670 Dead Again!

What a piece of crap! I received a replacement for my previously dead Harmony 670 remote in February. I haven't updated it for a month or so and I went to make some tweaks to the buttons. Long story short, no matter what computer I hooked it up to or cable I used, I always got a "USB Device has failed" error. After following the help guides and answering the questions from tech support, they decided this one is dead too. The remedy? They send out a new one and "there is no need to send back the defective device." So, that will be #3. The screen died on #1, the usb connection died on #2. I wonder how long before this replacement will retire to remote heaven. That's pretty crappy for a fairly expensive programmable remote with only a one year warranty. Guess I should have bought the extended warranty. At least Logitech's tech support is quick to respond via email. It doesn't make me feel any less concerned about the quality of the product but it's like taking an Ibuprofen to ease the pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment