Today I helped a coworker move. Well, actually, yesterday was his moving day but I totally ditched him so I volunteered for punishment today. Now, granted, it wasn't that bad. We only did one load but I filled two SUV's like I was playing an amped up 3d version of Tetris. They were both squatting pretty good. Everything went eerily smooth with the move. The only event was the Hummer that was riding my bumper like a porn star. Yes, I had a little fun with him but no harm, no foul, right? We got to the new place, unloaded everything and, since it was raining, we called it a day.On the way back from the move I was traveling down the very narrow country road that led back to the highway when I was approached by a red Trailblazer. I figured we'd play the county road game where both of us slow down and just barely squeeze by but this jacka$$ either didn't know how to drive his car or was just a prick and didn't move over. I was forced to drive on the very edge of the road and, oh yeah, try not to wreck. Of course, I'm awesome and I danced on the edge like a skilled ballerina (some of that may have been the fear of explaining to the wife how I wrecked her car). As I grimaced, I looked back in the side view mirror and was surprised to see flying debris. The minivan behind me wasn't so fortunate and he smacked mirrors with the idiot in the SUV. What surprised me the most about the whole ordeal is that the minivan didn't stop, or even slow down. The car behind the minivan didn't seem to care either. The surely confused SUV idiot stopped and was waiting for the van to turn around but he never did. The only thing I could think of was that something shady was afoot. Mr. Minivan probably didn't have insurance or a license or there was a dead body in his van. As we stopped at the intersection to turn on the highway, the guy behind me fiddled with his dangling mirror. I quickly found a break in traffic and punched it. That was way too friggin' weird and I wasn't interested in hanging around to find out what was really going on. I was outta there.
Btw, congrats * 2! and my offer to replace that plastic thingie still stands.
No comments:
Post a Comment