This week marked a new low for my group at work. We had a global IT conference and the boss decided to try the room's audio conference system since we had a larger group. I'm not going to give away all the details but let's just say we thought the microphone was muted... but it wasn't. To add insult to injury, we're a very motivated group and always seem to make levity out of our situation. That said, there was lots of laughter that I'm sure was very disruptive to everyone on our GLOBAL conference call. Also, there may have been a point where I did a little beat boxing that allegedly ended with "wiki wiki wiki wiki..." The moral to this story is, as always, know your technology. Especially important, know the location of the mute button. Word.
Thursday, April 9, 2009
How Not to Conference Call
This week marked a new low for my group at work. We had a global IT conference and the boss decided to try the room's audio conference system since we had a larger group. I'm not going to give away all the details but let's just say we thought the microphone was muted... but it wasn't. To add insult to injury, we're a very motivated group and always seem to make levity out of our situation. That said, there was lots of laughter that I'm sure was very disruptive to everyone on our GLOBAL conference call. Also, there may have been a point where I did a little beat boxing that allegedly ended with "wiki wiki wiki wiki..." The moral to this story is, as always, know your technology. Especially important, know the location of the mute button. Word.
Labels:
beat box,
conference call,
work
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment