About 3 years ago in one of my endless rants, I was explaining to a few friends how it would be smart to build UPS technology right into the power supply and simply add a battery to the usually grossly oversized desktop computer cases. Of course, I'm lazy so it was just talk and no action. I ran across this story on CNet News where Google is showcasing their servers. Guess what they did. Yep, among other hip green things, they put a battery right into the server. Now if I would have only not been lazy I could own this patent and not Google. Motivation sucks. What's ironic is the server designer, Ben Jai, who appears to have an Asian heritage said, "It was our Manhattan Project." Anybody read history books?
Friday, April 3, 2009
Google took my battery idea!
About 3 years ago in one of my endless rants, I was explaining to a few friends how it would be smart to build UPS technology right into the power supply and simply add a battery to the usually grossly oversized desktop computer cases. Of course, I'm lazy so it was just talk and no action. I ran across this story on CNet News where Google is showcasing their servers. Guess what they did. Yep, among other hip green things, they put a battery right into the server. Now if I would have only not been lazy I could own this patent and not Google. Motivation sucks. What's ironic is the server designer, Ben Jai, who appears to have an Asian heritage said, "It was our Manhattan Project." Anybody read history books?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment