SPOILER...
Rep. Johnson: My fear is that the whole island will become so overly populated that it will tip over and capsize.
Adm. Robert Willard: We don’t anticipate that.
This inspired me to add a post from our neighbors in Illinois. Phil Hare, D-Illinois, was apparently pressed by some rather pissed off constituents about his health care vote and the constitutionality of the recently passed Obama-care bill that requires individuals to purchase insurance from private companies or risk being fined. His response, "I read the entire bill 3 times," and he states that he doesn't know what part of the constitution gives the government this right but he does know it grants us the right to "Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness..." oh, oops. That's the Declaration of Independence Mr. Hare. In the end, he couldn't answer the tough questions and he makes an abrupt exit (albeit while saying, "What is the question... I answered it..."). These guys are admittedly brutal but politics is just that and things don't always go your way. I love the last line where the guy says, "You better start looking for a job." Sweet icing.
Of course, since I'm on a roll, here's Max Baucus, D-Montana, talking about how the health bill will shift the "maldistribution" of income from those with wealth to, well, low income folks. Yay! I agree, now let's shift some of his ass out of office.
We couldn't vote his whole ass out. If we did that how would he continue to collect say $3,973,485 from the health sector, including $852,813 from pharmaceutical companies, $851,141 from health professionals, $784,185 from the insurance industry and $465,750 from HMOs/health services that he got from 2003-2008. Wait a sec, that healthcare bill just cost those industries a huge amount in taxes. Uh, oh. Daddy may not get a paycheck any more. Good thing he's got healthcare!
No comments:
Post a Comment