It goes without saying that I've learned a lot about chemicals. Of course, if you don't know me that means something totally different than what you're thinking. Long story short, I got to play with some sulfuric acid this weekend. No, it wasn't the cool kind that smokes when you open the bottle, it was the stinky, smokeless, pre-diluted kind. Nonetheless, it was acid and even though I had gloves on I was able to confirm that it still burns when the little tube pops off and you get a drop or two on your skin.What was I doing, you ask? "Assembling" the $40 battery I had to buy for my lawnmower, of course. Oh, there's nothing more I like to do then spend a day filling and trickle charging a battery while my garage wreaks of rotten eggs. That said, pouring acid in a lead battery and watching it bubble did make me feel like a deviant teen again.... ahhh, the good old days.
No comments:
Post a Comment