Wednesday, April 21, 2010

It's Trash, Just More Compact

If your car ends up at the same plant site mine does 5 days a week then you've seen the Big Belly Trash Compactors that were installed. These things are pretty slick in that they are totally solar powered and compact the trash which should allow for less emptying visits thus saving the environment, reducing carbon footprints and making small woodland creatures happy. So, why rant about something Mary Poppins would have loved to sing about? According to a news article from Fox59, these jewels cost about $4,000 a pop... yes, that's 4-friggin'-thousand dollars. On top of that, I swear I see someone checking these every day which completely negates the "greenness" of the installation. I digress.

I guess some things will never make sense to me. If only I could fill these things full of charcoal and get diamonds when it compacts.... I know, quit dreaming.

1 comment:

  1. You forgot to mention that that sucker sits in a shaded entryway.

    Let's hear it for solar power!

    ReplyDelete