Thursday, April 29, 2010

CarX Nuckleheads Part 1

Hop in your hot tub time machine for a moment and recall about a month ago when I had a battle royale with my Grand Prix. Well, about a week ago I started hearing a new noise from the driver-side rear of my car. It was odd too because sometimes when I hit a bump it felt like the rear of the car swayed a bit. Last night I finally had a second to pull off the wheel and take a look under her skirt. Unfortunately, what I found interesting than my analogy. You see, the rear of my car has two knuckle rods that hold the, well, knuckle in place. When a car is aligned, one of these is loosened, adjusted and the jam nuts are tightened so the alignment stays. After tugging and prodding for a couple minutes I found the inner jam nut was loose and the alignment nut had loosened almost 1/4". That's not good since that's what keeps my back tire from making a sharp left turn. The last people under the drivers' side of my car was CarX when they did my alignment so I gave them a call. The guy, Dave, seemed only slightly concerned and after agreeing to re-align my car informed me that I would have to bring it in (ghasp! does he do at home alignments or something?). I'm dropping it off tomorrow morning. We'll see how that goes (notice I already called this post Part 1).

No comments:

Post a Comment