Thursday, January 8, 2009

Saving the Earth

So our contract cafeteria is starting a campaign to save the planet by... get this... selling plastic drink travel mugs (not the actual picture). Considering their only alternative is the always "green" styrofoam cup, this is actually an improvement. Come on, if we truly want to be green let's return using the stomach's of slaughtered animals to hold our beverages. Now that just sounds nasty but it's how they used to do it. Cow's have pretty big stomach's so that would be the one I choose. Maybe Pepsi can start selling those instead of 2 liter bottles. The only downside is that every time I'd take a sip I'd start to crave a Big Mac.

On a lighter note we somehow got to talking about this at a work meeting. My coworker, Doug Sims commented, "I'm saving the earth by taking oil out of the ground." It's a good point. Maybe we should load all of our used oil into a ginormous tanker and drop it off somewhere in Saudi Arabia. Would that make Al Gore shut up? Also, maybe the pump price wouldn't magically go up when the per barrel cost drops almost $6. Somehow we always get the shaft here. On the other hand, it seems that despite OPEC's attempts to inflate the price of crude oil by cutting production, the price keeps falling. Put that in your friggin' stocking you bastards.

No comments:

Post a Comment