
Ok, I'll be the first to admit that I've been an addict when it comes to the recent rash of zero soft drinks. I was a huge fan of Coke Zero until they came out with Cherry Zero. Then I sampled Sprite Zero and Pepsi Zero. Heck, I even gave Pepsi Max and Diet Orange Crush a shot despite the fact that they missed naming train. Now although Diet Orange Crush rose to the top as an early winner, I pushed on, determined to test others. Friday, while perusing the drink selection in out childrens' fund refrigerator at work, I came across Vault Zero. I was intrigued. I paid for my soon ingested caffeine fix and escaped to my cube home.
Now, anything with caffeine is usually a winner but this was actually good. In my boredom, I decided to quickly glance at the label before chucking the remnants into my recycle bin. What to my dismay did I find but the zero drink, in fact, contained 5 calories. What up with that Coca Cola Bottling Company? Bean counters take the day off or did you outsource marketing to kindergarteners? Somehow your 5 calorie drink is a zero. Disappointing. I guess the moral of this story is know what you're drinking. Sure, it was only 5 calories but, come on, I was expecting zero. Besides, I gotta save up all those calories so I don't feel so bad about that Double Whopper with cheese meal... geesh.
No comments:
Post a Comment