Anyone ever notice California is always a little off? I mean, seriously, they have the Governator but, wait, he's a Republican and he's trying to make the state green? Well, the president must be breathing the air... literally. Monday, he signed a memorandum that requires the EPA to reconsider California's request to impose "more stringent" emissions and fuel standards than required by federal law. Has anyone been following the news lately or am I the only one who noticed that the same federal government is bailing out the US auto makers?!? Uh, hello? What's even better is that 13 other states are thinking about joining in. But wait, there's more. Obama pulled the proverbial rug out and called for even more increases in fuel economy. Come on, Bush's worthless targets haven't even been met. This whole thing is reminiscent of Dave Chappelle's spoof of R. Kelly. I knew Obama had an agenda but I was hoping it wasn't wrecking what's left of the US auto industry. I guess it doesn't matter because no politicians had money invested in the auto industry. It's all safely stored in the now-bolstered banking industry that contains companies like Citigroup that had to be told by the treasury department that "it was unacceptable" to use the cash to buy a new $42 million jet. I'll bring "Change"... there's my 2 cents.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009
Obama to Auto Industry: I Pee On You.
Anyone ever notice California is always a little off? I mean, seriously, they have the Governator but, wait, he's a Republican and he's trying to make the state green? Well, the president must be breathing the air... literally. Monday, he signed a memorandum that requires the EPA to reconsider California's request to impose "more stringent" emissions and fuel standards than required by federal law. Has anyone been following the news lately or am I the only one who noticed that the same federal government is bailing out the US auto makers?!? Uh, hello? What's even better is that 13 other states are thinking about joining in. But wait, there's more. Obama pulled the proverbial rug out and called for even more increases in fuel economy. Come on, Bush's worthless targets haven't even been met. This whole thing is reminiscent of Dave Chappelle's spoof of R. Kelly. I knew Obama had an agenda but I was hoping it wasn't wrecking what's left of the US auto industry. I guess it doesn't matter because no politicians had money invested in the auto industry. It's all safely stored in the now-bolstered banking industry that contains companies like Citigroup that had to be told by the treasury department that "it was unacceptable" to use the cash to buy a new $42 million jet. I'll bring "Change"... there's my 2 cents.
Labels:
auto,
california,
epa,
president
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment