Saturday, January 31, 2009

Keys to the Brain & Snowblower

I spent 10 minutes last Friday looking for the keys to the car. It seemed like an eternity passed as I looked high and low. Alas, I gave up the battle, defeated. I grabbed keys to the car that had not been cleared of the recent snow fully understanding the new battle that lied ahead. I grumbled as I pushed snow off and scraped windows. At last I was on the way, headed to the cube farm to work tirelessly at what seemed an endless pile of work. "Ahhh," I exclaimed as I arrived at the all too familiar seat. I reached in my pocket to get keys to the desk and I pulled out the keys I was looking for about an hour ago. "I didn't check my pocket," I mumbled under my breath. This jostled the brain and made me realize that I hadn't blogged about my favorite toy, the snowblower.

I'll keep it short. Back 3 years ago we got a terrible snow. After shoveling for about 2 hours I vowed that the next major purchase I made would be a snowblower. The best deal at the time was from Sears and, after much drama & frustration, they finally delivered my toy. I read the manual, put it together and made the necessary adjustments. For 12 months we got 2 inches of snow. I got so much crap. Finally, we got a large snow and as my friends complained about sore backs and hours of shoveling, I just chuckled and reminded them of my snowblower. Last week we had a 1-2 punch. In all, there was just over 13 inches of snow in the city. I got my fill of snowblowing. I did my drive and two neighbors (twice). Then the parents used it for about 2.5 hours to dig themselves out. I'd say it's a pretty handy toy. I was even crazy enough to venture out in the little ricer-mobile. The roads were littered with slide-offs and accidents. I was skilled crazy lucky enough to make it to work with little problems. I'm going to say that this was because there was very little traffic. Actually, the only people who passed me were the tons of wreckers that were out like ambulance-chasing lawyers. Kudos to them because I was nice and cozy inside the car and my journey had a destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment