After a long, tiring day, I headed upstairs to draw a bath and relax a little. The water flowed from the faucet in a relaxing rumble as I sat and enjoyed a little white noise. Unfortunately (or fortunately), as I surveyed the tub I came across what I thought was some gunk. As I prodded at it I quickly realized a much larger issue. It seems that someone had unloaded some hurt on the tub and the outcome was a hole. Yep. A friggin' hole in the side of the tub. I mean, how the hell? So, now I'm looking at about 3 hours of demolition, $200ish on a tub, $150 on tub stuff (tile, wallboard, mastic & other crap) and probably about 8-10 hours of installation & finishing. I mean, frick. I'm still fuming about the whole thing. What a way to end a great Memorial Day. I guess it could be worse. I could have to cut a bathtub out of a wall... oh, wait, right.
Monday, May 31, 2010
Ok. Seriously, WTF?
After a long, tiring day, I headed upstairs to draw a bath and relax a little. The water flowed from the faucet in a relaxing rumble as I sat and enjoyed a little white noise. Unfortunately (or fortunately), as I surveyed the tub I came across what I thought was some gunk. As I prodded at it I quickly realized a much larger issue. It seems that someone had unloaded some hurt on the tub and the outcome was a hole. Yep. A friggin' hole in the side of the tub. I mean, how the hell? So, now I'm looking at about 3 hours of demolition, $200ish on a tub, $150 on tub stuff (tile, wallboard, mastic & other crap) and probably about 8-10 hours of installation & finishing. I mean, frick. I'm still fuming about the whole thing. What a way to end a great Memorial Day. I guess it could be worse. I could have to cut a bathtub out of a wall... oh, wait, right.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
G, you gots ta move out da hood.
ReplyDelete