Monday, May 31, 2010

You've Got to Be Kidding!

I came home on Saturday to find our kid's swing in the front yard. No, it wasn't supposed to be there nor was there any chance that a strong wind placed it there. You see, we frequently have strong winds at the back of our property so the swing was staked into the ground with tent stakes. I'm guessing some kids with nothing better to do decided to take it on a joy ride. The pulled it out of the ground and must have gotten spooked in the front yard... you think? Nah, walking around with a kid's swing couldn't possibly look suspicious. So I filed a report with the police. The officer was polite but apparently irritated with what he suspected was the result of petty vandalism by a group of teen hoodlums. He said that I should consider myself lucky because he was in the neighborhood earlier filling out a report for auto theft for a retired officer.

Still irritated that afternoon I stopped by Tractor Supply and picked up a 14" spiral animal stake. A foot of stainless steel cable later and someone's going to have to destroy a swing if they want to remove it next time. That said, I hope the cops bust these bastards. The type of kids who steal a car aren't the same ones who just commit petty vandalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment