If you have been following the news then you know there was an oil rig explosion that killed several people followed by about a month and some change of oil gushing from a busted pipe that's turning everything gooey in the gulf. Now, there's some talk about negligence or circumvented safety processes that led to this mishap... oops. But that's not why I'm here....
I had someone comment about this being the "worst disaster ever." Luckily, I'd been doing some reading at io9.com and I could refute the claim. Not to downplay fossil fuel disasters... because they're pretty nasty to clean up... but this isn't the worst. On the other hand, distrust in the industry is driving down the cost of oil so that's a bonus for me. Let's do more of that. Anyhow, this article at io9.com discusses what they believe are the 10 worst fossil fuel disasters ever. Yumm.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment