
I had another birthday. I don't even bother counting any more. The fun part is being able to spend it with friends and family. One evening a bunch of friends, kids and general hoodlums met up at a restaurant called
Puccini's for dinner. Apparently, parties greater than 5 throw a total wrench in the works. The pastas are pretty good and I love their salads because they're so fresh. Unfortunately, that's the only thing they had going for them that evening. To start off, the 15 minute wait for a table turned into almost 40 minutes. When we finally got seated the waitress did her best to keep up but the kitchen totally wrecked the parade. The group ordered various pasta dishes with salads and a couple pizzas without. The pizzas came out 10 minutes before we even saw the first pasta. After endless apologies by the waitress (but never a visit from the manager) the last dish landed on the table about 22 minutes late. The waitress said the manager told her to comp the pasta's (damn right foo) but when we got our bill, the pasta folks had been charged the full price for an individual salad. WTF? Those bastards were lucky it was birthday. If it weren't for the great company of friends a certain manager in hiding would have had the pleasure of using my foot as a suppository.
I digress. Thanks again everyone for the great cards (even the "R" rated one John) and especially thanks for the gift card Crissy & Lonnie.

A couple mornings later I was treated to brunch at the Crack Whore Barrel... uh...
Cracker Barrel. I have to admit that I'm a sucker for the food theme. Fortunately, this went off without a hitch. Thanks to the family for the green stuff, candy and cards. I was going to use the cash to build an interstellar spacecraft but then I got lazy and bought a new toy online.
Thanks again everyone! I am truly happy to have such good friends and family.
No comments:
Post a Comment