Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Friggin' Jerks...


I've been on a quest for a new TV. To that end I decided to hit up the local big yellow electronics store full of blue shirt people to see what they had on sale before Black Friday. After obtaining my fill of fun information like, "You can't get a HD signal through the component input," I walked to my car only to see something that pissed me off. Let me set this up for you.

First off, my cars aren't perfect but I try to keep them in decent shape. Other people either don't give a crap any more (like the other bastard who backed a trailer hitch through my front bumper and left) or my car has a bullseye that I can't see. Parked next to me was a puce, or puke-colored 80's Caprice. The interior was filled with random crap and the driver was a hefty, older man. He had his door propped up against my Civic and was pushing against it to slide into his car. Grrrr. After he got into his car I looked at my door to see newly rubbed puke-colored paint on the trim. I asked him to roll his window down and said that I didn't appreciate him pushing against my door and leaving a mark. (Caution: Idiot adding fuel to fire). He replied that he didn't touch my car and my car already had several nicks on the door. Instead of going to jail for sucker punching an older man I decided to use some simple science. I asked him to open his door to see if it was, in fact, from his car. Although he was caught off guard, he agreed and much to his surprise the new puke-colored spot on my trim matched perfectly with where his door met mine. This "it's not my fault" jerk immediately pulled the "I'm handicapped" card to which I responded, "Do you think it would be acceptable for me to kick your car and leave just because I was handicapped?" Since I was on a roll, I added, "You should know better than this." He immediately began apologizing and I simply shook my head and got in my car. As my car began to vibrate from his exhaust leak as he pulled away I wondered if I was a douche for yelling at an old man or I was justified since I just yelled about an injustice instead of making him pay for a trivial repair. Let's vote... ok, time's up. I'm going with justified. If I were going to be a douche I would have done what one of my friends suggested and write his licence plate down as he pulled away and called in a hit-and-run.

It just frustrates me that some people don't care about other people's property and when they're called on it they try to pull the "it's not my fault, it's because I have douchitis" card. It must be nice to live in that world. Next time, assbag, send me a post card so I don't have to touch up my trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment