Monday, March 16, 2009

Lions, Tigers and Neighbors, oh, my

Last night was fun. The new neighbors decided to play the stereo game again. It was up pretty loud until about 10:30pm. I finally fell asleep only to be waken by some bump bump around 12:30am. After the wife woke up and my head started pounding, I was pretty much done. I got dressed and took my pissed-off attitude next door. I'm sure I wasn't the nicest guy and since it was now early Monday morning I had every reason to be crappy. I cherish my sleep albeit short and usually not conducive to REM but since the alarm was set for 5:30am they were interrupting prime sleep time. They turned down the stereo and I lay in bed still fuming from having to go over there. I think I finally fell asleep around 1:30am only to be waken by the cry of a fussy little one at 4:45am. I fixed a bottle and rocked him back to sleep now realizing that it was pointless to try forcing a power nap before the buzzer. I gave up and got ready for work, the whole time reflecting on the night's events.

Today, I talked to the neighbors. They were very apologetic. I told them our houses are basically made of paper and the bass carries right into our bedroom. The lady of the house works nights so being up late is understandable but the man works early mornings and said he's usually at work by 4:00am. Guess he wasn't working today or maybe he's a vampire and doesn't need sleep. Long story short, they thanked me for not calling the cops and said that if it was ever too loud to let them know. They're really nice people and I hate complaining but it's gotta stop before it gets out of hand. I have a feeling this isn't the end of the stereo saga. Well, we'll see what becomes of it.

UPDATE: No stereo last night. I often find myself replaying events in my head and it caused me to recall that his eyes were very red and bloodshot. I wonder if that was because of sleep or... oh, nevermind. I'll keep that in my back pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment