Commuting to work today I encountered some random idiot in a truck cutting through traffic. I saw the headlights dart back and forth inbetween cars. It's pretty normal to see this kind of stunt driving in the morning so I dismissed it until he almost rear-ended me. Since I've already had my fill of that this year, it pissed me off. I looked in the rear view mirror wondering what's next when a turn signal came on. Really? While stopped at a light with no right or left turns? As we headed closer to the on ramp I realized he had flashers on. He was riding my butt like we were on a date but I had nowhere to go. Of course, this pissed me off more. At the top of the ramp I let her rip. I kicked it up well over a safe speed. As I sped by some semi's I glanced in the mirror only to see the truck and now another car quickly gaining. As they approached me at near warp speed I decided to back off and see where this went. I dropped to my usual cruising speed of +18mph and they ripped past me on the right. Huh. It was then that it dawned on me that there must have been some kind of pseudo-emergency (although I can't imagine why they would need a truck and a compact car with one person each). As I watched them battle through traffic and exit to another freeway, I was confused, concerned and felt a tiny bit like a, well... you see the picture.
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
I think I should feel bad...
Commuting to work today I encountered some random idiot in a truck cutting through traffic. I saw the headlights dart back and forth inbetween cars. It's pretty normal to see this kind of stunt driving in the morning so I dismissed it until he almost rear-ended me. Since I've already had my fill of that this year, it pissed me off. I looked in the rear view mirror wondering what's next when a turn signal came on. Really? While stopped at a light with no right or left turns? As we headed closer to the on ramp I realized he had flashers on. He was riding my butt like we were on a date but I had nowhere to go. Of course, this pissed me off more. At the top of the ramp I let her rip. I kicked it up well over a safe speed. As I sped by some semi's I glanced in the mirror only to see the truck and now another car quickly gaining. As they approached me at near warp speed I decided to back off and see where this went. I dropped to my usual cruising speed of +18mph and they ripped past me on the right. Huh. It was then that it dawned on me that there must have been some kind of pseudo-emergency (although I can't imagine why they would need a truck and a compact car with one person each). As I watched them battle through traffic and exit to another freeway, I was confused, concerned and felt a tiny bit like a, well... you see the picture.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment