Mile 7: Welcome to Atlanta. Saturday's forecast is 5mph bumper to bumper traffic. It's like driving in Chicago but with a southern drawl.
Mile 74: Oops. There's another accident. Looks like three cars got involved in a rear-end accident. I'd hate to be the meat in that sandwich. Pay attention idiots.
Mile 290ish: Stopped to get gas just inside Florida. I feel bad for BP stations who are getting the shaft for the franchise's retardedness so I stop so the car can have a bite. Amber goes in for a drink. The attendant gets in an argument with the customer in front of her then gets short when Amber asks a question. F*it. I would have put my crap down, had her ring it out then leave it on the counter. Also, all the stations in the area had a 40cent spread from regular to premium. If I were in the Grand Prix, I would have pulled through. We also hit up a Chick-fil-A... yumm... peach shakes and nuggets are the best!
Mile 455ish: The GPS shows me driving through swamps and rivers even though I'm on The Western Expressway... wait? Does this road really exist or is it an illusion?
Mile 480ish: Ahhh!!! The Sandy Ridge Drive in Davenport, FL doesn't exist on the GPS either. The rental house must not exist. Did I take the blue pill or the red one?... dang Neo.
Grand cop total: 4 in Georgia, 7 in Florida. Must be a holiday weekend.
We're finally at the rental house. It feels like I've been driving for hours. Oh, yeah. By, the way, if you Google this area you'll notice we're staying the opposite direction of something called Championsgate. That explains why there is barely any Sprint or Verizon cell coverage in the house.
I forgot to take a shot of the property. Thanks to Google live drive, there's a pic below. Yay. It's home for a few days. It's got a pool, it's 5 minutes from a Duncan Donuts and 30 mins from the mouse. Too bad I keep noticing poor construction like uneven walls, an unintentionally sloping window sill, cracking grout, a broken front door knob, a "fixed" security bar on the back door, a leaking ceiling by the pool and a dead battery on the Verizon landline equipment in the garage. Hey, maybe that explains why the home phone is dead. Good thing we each have cell phones. Too bad the Sprint folks have to stand by a window and the Verizon folks have to walk outside.
I notice a lizard and a tree frog on the wall as we walk in. Welcome to Florida.
No comments:
Post a Comment