It's been a rough time for water connections and lines for my neighbors. A while ago I noticed some water pooling by my neighbor to the East's front door. Long story short, the water feed from the meter to his house broke under his tile entry. Lots of concrete, cash and plumbing later the issue was fixed. A couple months ago he had water in his front yard. This time the water connection between the main and his meter developed a leak. Lucky for him the water company picked the tab up on this one. Unfortunately, he had a bunch of mud where he had grass and those idiots somehow scalped a section of grass about 30' from their repair in my yard. What scares me is that my house is identical to his. Same crappy builder, same crappy design and probably the same crappy workmanship.A couple days ago I noticed water pooling across the street in my other neighbor's yard. I was pretty sure their water connection was leaking so I called the water company. Ironically, on the way home that night Roto Rooter was in another neighbor's yard digging up the main on the customer side... cha ching $$. So I guess I'm glad my homeowners insurance is paid up because tonight I came home to find my front yard was all marked up. In looking at my pretty blue striped yard I realized that the water main runs through my front yard. That means that if the repair isn't contained in their yard guess who else's yard gets dug up? Yep, mine. Which sucks because it's winter, there will be a huge pile of mud. Basically, I'll get a freeze/thaw mud bog. On top of that, if the handy work of my neighbor to the East is any indication I'm pretty sure they'll accidentally knock down a tree or mailbox in the process.
No comments:
Post a Comment