Today I had the pleasure of seeing comedian Josh Blue as part of a team building event geared towards working with those who have disabilities. If you didn't know, Josh was the Season 4 winner of NBC's Last Comic Standing. He's also been on shows like Mind of Mencia and plays on the US Paralympic Soccer team. Having watched him several times in the past, I was wondering how he was going to have a 'clean show' but in his 30 minutes there were very few times I wasn't laughing. I even cried a couple times it was so funny. After his set I was able to meet with him. When I asked how he felt about doing a clean show he chuckled as he told me he could not count the number of times his sponsor reminded him they didn't want any cursing. He said in his mind all he kept thinking was, "Don't say f**k, don't say f**k. S**t! I almost said f**k." It was a great time and, despite what was going through his head, a clean show. I even learned something about recognizing abilities in those who are disabled. It was a great time and Josh is a cool dude.
No comments:
Post a Comment