Wednesday, September 9, 2009

I think I pissed him off...

... and it made me smile. I don't usually get worked up about the drive to work but today was an exception. I was taking my usual route when I came upon an Interstate Towing truck. Now, usually these guys are on a run and will virtually drive over your car at 90mph to get to where they need. This guy was going way slower than the traffic flow. Since he wouldn't move right, I went around him in the right lane only to find a guy holding a phone to his ear and talking with his other hand. Great.

As I was merging back into the left lane, a rusty blue mini-van ripped left in front of me. "Ok," I thought. This guy either thought this was a Sunday morning or forgot he was driving. He was all over the road and this coupled with the fact that he slowed down made the little devil on my shoulder poke me with the pitchfork. As we passed a break in traffic to the right, all the wishing in the world couldn't get this idiot to move right. So, I cut to the right and hit the gas only to be greeted by a horn and a now speeding mini-van. Now, being the nice guy I am, I didn't want him to get a ticket so I pulled over in front of him.


As I chuckled he pulled up on me and honked the horn some more. I'm sure this will come up in his next visit to the shrink. What made this even better was that even though he was driving faster now, cars behind him kept inching to the left to see if they could get around him. In less than a couple miles he was way back again, causing headaches for other commuters. A red light caught him but not before I saw someone cut around him. I could only imaging sitting in front of this idiot at a stop light listening to his horn. Here's to you Mr. Blue Rusty Mini-Van Driving Idiot. Hope you have a great morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment