Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Work Is Torture

I'll start this rant off with a resounding, "I'm glad I have a job."

It gets tough from there. Things have been changing. I have a new role that changed within the first 3 months resulting in doubled responsibility. Yippie! I've been working way more than I'd like to admit. So, in trying to figure this out I've determined that between the new work responsibilities and family, I'm going to cut out sleep. According to my calculations, I'll have plenty of time to catch up when I die. Hell, given the new stress level, that could be next Thursday. I digress.

What's the point of this rant? I'm not sure. I'd planned a fantastic diatribe about jacked up government but although the House has now read most of the Constitution some spectator had to lose it and start screaming "Except Obama!" when they read the passage about the president being born in the US. Geesh, really? What takes the cake is the jackhole that decided to go postal and kill a bunch of people in Arizona. As a result, I've seen every expert opinion from "we need to better monitor our citizens," to "we need to ban guns and extended clips," and they seem to be moving from the opinion columns into the action arena. While I agree that this is horrible crime and the shooter deserves to get caged with Bubba Anuspounder during the trial, this was an isolated event by an extremest, possibly mentally deranged, f*tard. Take a breath then make a measured response. With a congressional approval rating of 13% and unemployment skyrocketing, these politicians are going to do everything to get some face time and try to look good. Who's doing the checks and balances? Who's gonna put the reins back on this horse and which politician is going to start off by saying, "Yes, this situation is total crap but has anyone heard Ben Franklin's quote, 'Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.'?"

No comments:

Post a Comment