Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Hello, hello? Is this thing on?

I know, I'm a huge slacker. Work's kickin' my butt. I know, it's not an excuse and too much work is better than no work so whatever.

I wanted to send some quick updates. So here they are...

1. I fixed a Civic. The stupid Autozone front brake pads started rusting out and that caused them to seize in the slides. That caused the car to make a fantastic metal grinding noise from 0-30mph which is fantastic driving through the parking lot at work. Also, I replaced a $35 idler pulley that was past its prime.

2. I did some body work on the wife's car. No, it wasn't for the better. You can see some of it from ole' crappy camera phone pic. Pic 2 is what I hit. As the insurance company described it, "Sir, you hit a stationary object..."



3. Finally, I helped some friends move. Despite the freezing temperatures, family drama and seeing the box truck slide perfectly between both curbs so it was stuck, it wasn't all that bad. The team basically moved two houses in 5 hours. Good times.... well, except where I decided to take a step off the back of the box truck without looking very hard. Here's the aftermath. Let's say it's a little painful. It could be worse. At least it stopped at my inner thigh.




1 comment:

  1. yowza. Hope your leg is feeling better now! We really appreciated all of your help moving :)

    ReplyDelete