
I went to Office Max today to purchase a UPS for yet another church project I'm working on. The old beige Compaq desktop finally bit the dust. Don't get me wrong, it boots but then none of the peripherals work. Yeah, not so useful. Anywho, I just installed a new PC and was in need of some electrical prophylactics. I found a 550VA standby APC UPS for $39. It was an ok deal and beat the Staples "sale" by $5. The lady helping me was very adamant that I purchase the extended warranty. Despite my best efforts to explain to her that she was selling a 1yr warranty on a product that had a 3 year factory warranty she still insisted stating that for $19ish, OMax would replace it free of charge for up to 1 year from the date of purchase. She kept pushing so I finally agreed that I would purchase it if she could assure me it covered intentional misuse and accidental fire. She started to look at her pamphlet but then quietly folded it and placed it carefully back in her pocket. I didn't get asked any more questions about that warranty.
No comments:
Post a Comment