So it snowed today. As I drove to work the lines on the interstate began to disappear. In general, this doesn't bother me as the beltway is nestled between two walls. I'm not perfect but I have a working knowledge of how lines are put down and distances between walls. Given that we get the occasional glimpse of the actual lines when going under overpasses I had a benchmark. That said, I'm not sure what the hell some people do while they drive in hazardous conditions but I'd like to take a moment to thank a big rig for an outstanding job this morning.
You see, as said lines began to disappear, several cars began to wonder like homeless people gathering cans. I'm not sure if they had an otter running loose in the passenger seats of their cars but a whole line of cars started playing follow the leader behind a guy who obviously failed "lines" in kindergarten. Much to my delight we came across a semi in the center lane who apparently objected to this guy's swerving (did I mention it was quite obvious?) As I pulled in behind Mr. Big Truck, I revelled in the resounding bark of the air horns and as a bonus I got my double nickels back. So, thank you goes out to the 18 wheels of enforcement that livened my morning commute.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment