Now, despite the weather, I took my smallest car, the Honda, to work on both Tuesday and Wednesday. It really was an easy trip. This was mostly because there was nobody else out on the road but also because if you listened to the news (and I'm guessing 85% of the city did) they led you to believe that if you started your car you would immediately slide into a ravine and die in a fiery crash... while freezing to death... and nobody could come and save you... because Lakeshore drive was a parking lot.
Today I decided to dig out the Grand Prix and take it to work. About 10 minutes into my drive I noticed the windshield was starting to get dingy so I hit up the ole' squirter. I got wipers but no washer fluid. Huh. On the way to work I helped out a stranded co-worker which landed me at a gas station where I used the squeegee to clear off the mess. The drive home called for some more creativity. I actually found myself pulling up on big trucks just to get the spray. I may have even paused under the drippy awning of a building to catch some water. The travels ultimately led me home where I pulled out the inner fender well, drained the washer fluid and replaced the pump. A trip to Autozone and $17 later the squirter works again. I'm just glad I had washer fluid at the house because the store only had 2 bottles of crappy blue smurf pee. Yeah, it could have been something more costly and it could have been worse if I didn't have a garage heater to knock off the chill. All said, I'll chock it up to some high quality Government Motors engineering and, well, Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment