Saturday, February 20, 2010

Human Pincushion

I had the pleasure of visiting an allergy doctor this week. Let me recap the events of the visit.

1. Share my life story for the chart
2. Get an allergy screen which entails the tech using a medieval torture device to introduce 64 potential allergens to my back. Then you can't touch the itchy stuff for 15-20 minutes.
3. Doctor checks for bumps. Says I need more screening.
4. The tech comes back in with 20 lancets and more allergens. This time, they have to get deep into the skin. If you're curious it wasn't pleasant. This is what it looks like...

5. Doctor checks for bumps & tells me I'm allergic to everything except water and poon tang.

All kidding aside, it was a good experience and the office shuttled me through quickly (maybe a benefit of the HMO). I didn't learn much other than I need more pharmaceuticals. I'm stimulating the economy and keeping the industry alive one nasal spray at a time... yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment