Here's a study that shouldn't surprise any researchers... but it did. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety did a study and found that laws banning hand-held cell use while driving did a big donut hole after they were put into place. It's almost as if people were still distracted and crashed. What's next? Let's start crusades against eating, sleeping and texting while driving... well, at least one of those is already on several states' legal agendas. Wait! Maybe I can use this to my advantage. Perhaps, I can a million dollars of funding to see the effects of not paying attention to the road while driving. I bet I can already guess the results... tada... and the scientists were surprised again. Booyah! (Where's my million dollars?)
Monday, February 1, 2010
Handsfree Phone Laws Do NOT Reduce Crashes
Here's a study that shouldn't surprise any researchers... but it did. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety did a study and found that laws banning hand-held cell use while driving did a big donut hole after they were put into place. It's almost as if people were still distracted and crashed. What's next? Let's start crusades against eating, sleeping and texting while driving... well, at least one of those is already on several states' legal agendas. Wait! Maybe I can use this to my advantage. Perhaps, I can a million dollars of funding to see the effects of not paying attention to the road while driving. I bet I can already guess the results... tada... and the scientists were surprised again. Booyah! (Where's my million dollars?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment