I'll be the first to admit that I have a coffee-based weakness. To satisfy my craving, I rolled by the local Starbucks to order up some hot goodness. The wife wanted in on that action so I also ordered her an iced delicacy. This place was packed and cars were wrapped around the building. I was sitting in line so long I almost considered shutting off my car for a bit.... almost. When I finally made it to the window, the girl there took my card and handed me two drinks. As I grabbed the cold one I noticed something odd on the side of the cup. Is that? Yep. As she opened the window to hand me back my card, I turned the drink around to show her the blood on the outside of the cup. She was noticeably horrified and began apologizing profusely. She said she would have the drink remade immediately and apologized as she explained she hit her elbow but didn't realize she was bleeding. I was a little grossed out but I had been at a junk yard in 30 degree weather for the last hour, was trashed and really wasn't in the mood to argue about anything. She handed me the replacement drink and I was on my way. To add insult to injury when I got home my wife informed me they made a regular mocha instead of white chocolate. I guess that's how it goes.Sunday, February 28, 2010
File This Under G for Gross
I'll be the first to admit that I have a coffee-based weakness. To satisfy my craving, I rolled by the local Starbucks to order up some hot goodness. The wife wanted in on that action so I also ordered her an iced delicacy. This place was packed and cars were wrapped around the building. I was sitting in line so long I almost considered shutting off my car for a bit.... almost. When I finally made it to the window, the girl there took my card and handed me two drinks. As I grabbed the cold one I noticed something odd on the side of the cup. Is that? Yep. As she opened the window to hand me back my card, I turned the drink around to show her the blood on the outside of the cup. She was noticeably horrified and began apologizing profusely. She said she would have the drink remade immediately and apologized as she explained she hit her elbow but didn't realize she was bleeding. I was a little grossed out but I had been at a junk yard in 30 degree weather for the last hour, was trashed and really wasn't in the mood to argue about anything. She handed me the replacement drink and I was on my way. To add insult to injury when I got home my wife informed me they made a regular mocha instead of white chocolate. I guess that's how it goes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment