Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Look MA, it's a Republican

In a "stunning upset" a Republican has taken a senate seat in the strongly Democrat state of Massachusetts. This is the first time since 1962 the GOP gotten a seat in something other than a bus out of town. Of course, our President has solved every world crisis and had time to campaign for the encumbent Coakley. (Of course, he is because losing a Democrat could kill health care) That failed much like his "help" with NJ Governor, Corzine, and VA's Deeds. Of course, who could forget the miserable Obama-Oprah twofer failure that killed the Olympics bid? I think the US News article sums it up... Obama's become a political albatross. The "tax us to death" and bailout fiascos have overshadowed any good policies that have come from the administration and the "I Hate Bush and the Republicans" bandwagon pendulum is slowly swinging the other way. I just wish the pendulum would find its way back to the center.


I can't emphasize it enough. People want balance. It's time DC begins handling business the way Indiana has tried. It's not perfect but tough decisions are a necessary yet unpopular and, frankly, sucky reality. It's time to quit padding Democrat, Republican and Independant pork barrels and do the right thing.



Ok, I'm getting off the soap box. Exit stage right.

No comments:

Post a Comment