Wednesday, July 8, 2009

More Friggin' Crap Keeps Breaking

Let's take a look at the recent list of crap that's broken:
1. Car 1, engine miss or emissions or something else
2. Car 1, resonator gets a hole in it
3. Car 2, A/C stops working when it gets, um, hot
4. Car 2, weird noise & vibration (maybe a half shaft? who knows)
5. Car 2, some jackass rear ends me then says I backed into him

Despite my best efforts to resolve the above issues, I've only gotten #1 partially fixed (a tune up & replacement egr valve helped a bit but it's still there) and #2 partially fixed (there's a new exhaust leak now). I've officially thrown in the towel. I'm now paying people to fix my crap. That suuuuuuucks. Sure, I have less busted knuckles and more free time but the wallet is getting a lot lighter.

Yesterday, I added a new failed piece of crap to the list: the garage door. The spring busted, the door fell, ripped up the sheet metal while twisting a caster and coming out of the track. Yay! Of course, there's a car in the garage and the wife's only option is Car 2 with shady A/C on a 90+ degree day. I do thank Tony for coming out to help me wrench the door up to let the car escape. I am frustrated with the guy I called to fix the door. You see, he was supposed to call in the morning to confirm the appointment. When I hadn't heard anything by 9am, I left a message for him to call. When he finally returned my call at 2:45ish he thought I was one of his customers that brings him a lot of business. That crap pissed me off especially since he was supposed to be at my house around 4pm. So I scrapped him and called another company. They were a company, not just 'a guy' and they were within $5 of his price. We'll see how it goes. Surely, I'm going to take a bending over for whatever gets repaired. On the other hand, I'm not risking my life tensioning two garage door springs. I guess that's not such a bad plan after all. Here's to slowly going bankrupt.

No comments:

Post a Comment