Everybody has an opinion about their most or least favorite cell phone carrier. Despite the fact that my best friend works for a competing cell phone company, I decided to re-sign my contract with Sprint. Yep, the company has it's share of haters which goes along with the history of poor customer service and customer loss. I have to admit that ever since their management changed hands and the company took a real interest in their companies, I've been impressed with their customer service. That said, they are still not perfect but neither is any other company I've heard my friends and co-workers talk about recently. The service is acceptable and although their service area isn't quite blanketed as an AT&T or Verizon, it gets me signal about 90% of the places I go. That said, for the cost of my monthly plan, I certainly don't mind paying an occasional roaming fee to da' VZW. I like Sprint and as long as they treat me like a person and have good service, they've got my dime. We'll see how this goes. They've had some shady billing practices in the past so I'm ready for some surprises when I get my next bill.I made a phone call to the telco last Thursday. After about 30 minutes on the phone including a chat with advanced customer service, we came to an agreement for renewal. The CSR assures me that this plan is no longer offered but since I've had it for, like, forever he sweetened the deal a little for my renewal. I got a Palm Treo Pro for $50 (after $100 MIR and a PM to Fry's). It's a Windows Mobile device so it should be interesting. FWIW, here's my plan:
450 Anytime
First Incoming Min Free
2000 NW Mins 7PM-7AM
Unlimited Internet
Unlimited Text, Picture and Video
$38/mo + taxes & fees-$12% discount through work
It keeps me happy for now. I won't bet the farm on them but I'll put my foot in the bucket for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment