I had the pleasure of going to the Comcast office on the West side. The only way I can describe this strip mall office is that it was once nice but now it's a broke-ass dirty BMV lookin' hell hole run by former post office workers who lost their pension... or something. Seriously, though, the place is a crap hole. There are about 10 boxes, interfaces and misc glowing things on the wall that have wires to stuff that's no longer there. The floors are dirty and, to give an example, the lady who helped me, although nice, was probably the slowest person I've ever had the opportunity to work with. Matter of fact, if she moved any slower, I'd probably have called 911 and requested a defibrillator. Long story short, despite my hour on the phone with the customer service folks, my order was screwed up when I went to pick it up. She was able to fix it so there weren't additional charges and get me my equipment.
As I left, I looked at the clock which now read 5:30ish and I sighed as I realized there were 2 things I despise: (1) West side drivers and (2) rush hour traffic. I met both in full swing. At one point during my lovely drive in construction city, I didn't realize the road merged and, with no other option, I may or may not have done some stadium driving to which the nice lady in the busted green compact that was now to my rear awarded me the tone of a Japanese horn followed by a display of an extended proximal, medial and distal second finger. Ok, I probably deserved that but I have to award her 2 bonus points for doing that while never putting down her cell phone.
Except for the well hidden State Trooper I passed without incident the rest of the drive was uneventful. Albeit late as hell, I was just glad to get inside and see my favorite people... oh, and my couch. In the words of the poet Sir Ice Cube, "Today was a good day."
Monday, September 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment