Sunday, June 28, 2009

Painting a Room: Part 2

In my previous post, I said the honeymoon would be over when I started removing the tape. How true that was. The pricey 3M Painters Tape did a great job removing paint from the trim despite it having dried for 3 days with the ceiling fan on (and the ever-running A/C that has our humidity pretty low. Now part of this could be the the fault of the crappy Valspar Paint. I always end up at Lowes and each time I use the paint I buy there, I have mixed results. I should just stick to the Dutch Boy paint that I love but I'm never near a Menards. Oh, to add insult to injury, the painters tape not only pulled off the paint in places but it also ripped about every foot. I had to use the trusty razor blade and a finger nail to "easy release" the tape. At least with the cheap tape I didn't feel like I was also taking one in the wallet when it misbehaved.

I finally got the painting done. As I look around the room I renew my desire to never voluntarily have textured walls and to make sure no more drunk idiots install crown moulding in the house. It's definitely not perfect (the aforementioned crappy moulding and textured walls ensure that) but it'll do. Crossing this off the to-do list.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, there's a reason I never posted anything about painting our old house. Most of the language wouldn't have been suitable for children . . . . :)

    Congrats on getting one more thing off your Honey-Do List!

    ReplyDelete