Sunday, May 3, 2009

In other news...

Here's a quick recap for those who are playing at home.
1. I rebuilt a battery pack for my cordless drill tonight. The existing pack had a dead cell. I charged for 12 hours and it couldn't power the flashlight. I briefly shorted the pack out twice during the build. That's good for some quick smoke and a potential heart attack. Otherwise, it went well. I'll put it on the charger tomorrow and see how things go.
2. Kathie had another surgery today. I tried to visit her but Methodist hospital implemented their pandemic procedures for this stupid "Swine Flu" scare. Only adult family members are allowed. Come on people, it's a damn flu. Regular old influenza kills about 36,000 people in the US per year. Let's overreact and shut down everything because of a retarded non-pandemic that, as of today, has 160 cases and 1 death ACROSS THE WHOLE FRIGGIN' USA (according to the CDC). This is what happens when idiots watch the news and react without engaging the brain. Grrrrrr.
3. My neighbor fell off and got pinned by a riding lawnmower today. We were getting ready to leave and I heard a crash and a scream. He was using a 2x4 and 2x6 "ramp" to load it into a van. Long story short, about 5 people came running. I had my phone out but saw that it had just trapped his foot in the steering wheel. Luckily he walked away with some scrapes and a sprained ankle. Could have been a lot worse!

Update: May 3rd - CDC says H1N1 "swine flu" has 226 cases, 1 death. Still only 0.0% of the US population... what a pandemic! Dumbasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment