It begs the question, "Doesn't America have a few free tanks or a battleship that it could dispatch to one of our OPEC oil countries?" Oh, the answer... rising prices at the pump. This is one that I'm always on the soapbox about. Let's take a commodity like oil and create a business model that doesn't follow any rules about economics. If you don't believe me, read this article by TIME. Supply is high, demand is low but in a "take that, you idiots," move the OPEC oil ministers decided to stick to their current output quotas to drive up prices. Grrr. I need to just suck it up and buy a horse.
Friday, May 29, 2009
Doesn't America Have a Few Free Tanks?
It begs the question, "Doesn't America have a few free tanks or a battleship that it could dispatch to one of our OPEC oil countries?" Oh, the answer... rising prices at the pump. This is one that I'm always on the soapbox about. Let's take a commodity like oil and create a business model that doesn't follow any rules about economics. If you don't believe me, read this article by TIME. Supply is high, demand is low but in a "take that, you idiots," move the OPEC oil ministers decided to stick to their current output quotas to drive up prices. Grrr. I need to just suck it up and buy a horse.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment