So, I've been totally slacking off on this blog. Today is no exception, however, every once in awhile something happens that makes you just wanna write. Just like many other work day mornings I was doing the commute in my POS Civic. Today's drive was slightly different. With a head cold in tow I was having trouble distinguishing the actual clouds from the cloud around my head. As I approached a major intersection, I realized I was coming up on a stale green. As I pushed on the gas a little I noticed that the giant white diesel truck next to me hit the brakes. As the light turned yellow and the truck's eclipse faded it revealed some red & blue lights and a collision course with a white police car. I slammed on the brakes only to realize that the misting rain had turned the intersection into a oil slick. As I slid to a stop I looked up at the cop staring at me out of his side window. Even though there was some distance to his door I'm sure we were both relieved (I was mostly relieved that I wasn't filling out an accident report).
It took what seemed like an eternity to realize that he had come to a complete stop. So, I began to wonder if he was gonna bust me for some obscure infraction (for the record, I would have cleared the yellow had it not been for the desire not to explain to an officer why I T-boned him). Then a second check to my right revealed yet another cop car headed my way with a vengeance. I slammed it in reverse and dumped the clutch. They both passed and went on to save the world (or at least a burning house because 2 fire trucks rushed past me). A quick check of the pants confirmed my sphincters had remained intact. I guess anything that doesn't end in catastrophic failure is a win.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment