Saturday, February 12, 2011

Seven Years Ago...


Seven years ago I purchased a cheap-o 24month battery from Wallyworld to put in the Civic. I paid $37 for it and figured it would last about 2 years. I stand corrected. Seven friggin' years!
Well, when it died, it died hard. One day I was driving the car just fine and 4 days it wouldn't even start.... click, click, click. Despite a few hours on the charger, it was toast. So I pulled the dead battery out and hit up the regulars: Autozone, Advance Autoparts and OReilly Auto. Each one of them wanted $90 for the 400CCA 12 month cheap-o replacement battery. Geesh... lead must be gold now (I'm imagining a cash for lead storefront). Long story short, I hit up my least favorite store, Wallyworld, and found it for $67. It was a 500CCA 24 month battery to boot. Thanks to Sam Walton, some anti-seize lubricant and di-electric grease, the Civic's back on the road tearing it up with it's monster horsepower. I digress.

No comments:

Post a Comment