Thursday, August 19, 2010

Forget You Thursday!

This morning was incredibly trying. Not only was I running late to work but when I shut the door on my car, the window fell. Yep, busted window regulator. No biggie, I think I have a warranty. Huh... the company I purchased the part from is closed. Wait! After quite a bit of phone pong, I find that Advance Auto Parts is handling their warranties. Great! The part is ordered. That evening, I found that my headlight is burnt out. Frick! Long story short, after a couple calls to the local Advance Auto Parts store and about 20 minutes with my door, the new window regulator is installed. No more fallen window. I also found a used bulb in an old headlight. I'm set, right? Not quite, I tried to adjust the headlights and both adjustment screws snapped off. I give up. I've got some brackets somewhere in a box. That's a project for another day.

UPDATE: I went to swap the brackets and noticed the headlight is full of condensation. It was pretty humid when I changed the bulb. Guess I'll have to wait a few weeks for the condensate to work it's way out or, for bonus points, I guess I could get out the hair drier. Nah. Well, I have new brackets on the headlights. Now I'll have to wait until I can adjust the lights. That'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment