Sunday, March 28, 2010

Philosopher to CNN: Ditch Religion

It must have been a slow news day. CNN ran an article on Thursday (with video) where a philosopher said basically that religion is impeding judgement of people and it's "completely insane." While I can agree that some not-so-smart things have happened in history as a result of misdirected religion, this in no way justifies abolishment of religion. Hell, just as many poor decisions have been made in the name of science. I argue that without an anchor, people are more inconsistent in their decisions.

Stick to your scruples, folks.

This douchebag obviously has never seen SouthPark season 10. Episode 12 and episode 13, among other things, take a look at what could happen if we got science smart and abolish religion (click the link for link to the episodes). I mean, who better than a couple agnostics to weigh in on the thought of having no religion.

No comments:

Post a Comment