Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Got My Plate Run This Morning...

This morning was one of those morning commutes where it seemed everybody was on a Sunday drive. Since I mostly drive like a crazed maniac when I have the supercharged car, my commute is usually filled with some close quarters maneuvering. Today was no exception. The road I take is a major 3 lane artery to the city. I'd been stuck behind a minivan in the left lane for quite a while and, although there was nobody in front of her, she really didn't feel the need to go faster. Finally, there was a break in the traffic so I moved to the center lane to cruise around Ms. Sleepy Minivan. Once I completed my move she too decided it was necessary to occupy the same space and cut over in front of me. I don't recall seeing her ever look in the mirror, mostly because I think it may have been because she was playing with her phone, but her turn signal did give me a half a second of warning. Of course, that didn't sit well with my lead foot so I may or may not have (1) clicked Performance Shift, (2) put the throttle about half way down, (3) signal, and (4) made an abrupt lane change while in the near proximity of an intersection with a yellow light.

What caught my eye was the red and blue lights that were now flashing behind me. I seemed to have piqued the interest of one of those guys with a badge and a gun. Looking up at my windshield I noticed the numbers 62 (but I cannot confirm or deny that). Seeing as we were in a 40mph zone I kicked it back into 2nd gear as he quickly approached. I cleared the traffic to my right and pulled the center lane only to be mirrored by this black Crown Vic with an officer typing on his computer. He followed me for about a mile then pulled around to my right. I was greeted with a sneer and I returned a wave. He faced forward and made a right turn. It took a minute to realize what happened and to swallow hard enough for my testicles to re-emerge. I did slow down and happily enough. I passed no less than 3 more officers in the remaining 3 miles of my commute.

I did learn something today. Next time, check the mirrors before driving like a r'tard. A special thanks goes out to the guy in the cruiser who didn't pull me over. Although I'm not Buddist, may you have good karma today.

No comments:

Post a Comment