Monday, August 24, 2009

Smasharoo The Civic: Update

If you've been following, the Civic got smashed back in March. If you recall, an individual by the name of Mr. Clifford Smith, who allegedly works for the City of Indianapolis, rear-ended me then decided to change his tune when he talked to the insurance company. Instead of being a man and owning up to rear-ending me he told them something along the lines that I had backed into him... yeah, on a major road in rush hour traffic. Mr. Smith, this officially puts you in the a$$hole category.

Well, because of his shenanigans, the insurance claim was sent to subrogation and it's been in arbitration since about May. As many of you may know, the insurance companies can be quick to pay out but they can 'hold' your deductible until fault is established.... you know, just in case you're at fault, they're not out the $500-$1000. Long rant short, I received a settlement check yesterday thus closing a long, stupid, insurance claim. So, Mr. Smith, I'm glad I'm done with you. Have a great life but watch out for karma.

No comments:

Post a Comment