Sunday, August 16, 2009
Catching Up - Worked On A Car
I worked on a car. It's a family sale (not my sale) so let's just say it was dirt cheap. Anyway, the car was running pretty rough so I did the routine work-up. Pulled the wheels and found the brakes were almost toast. Fixed that.
Also found that the plugs were in the need of a change. Got those stupid Bosch double-tip platinum plugs out of there. In my experience, every Bosch plug that goes into a GM vehicle has failed miserably. Ended up putting in some good 'ole Delco plugs. Fixed that.
For a car with a bazillion miles, it's in ok shape. It's got the usual GM excellent build quality: pealed paint, rust spots, fluid leaks from XY & Z, broken A/C and faulty electronics but, from the stuff I looked at, it's totally safe and it does drive well. Of course, I'm sure the New GM would produce a much nicer car that would have fewer problems at a similar age... oh, wait, they shitcanned Oldsmobile, restructured and will probably throw away all the knowledge they acquired trying desperately to save their company over the last few years... Scratch that.
Labels:
car,
gm,
oldsmobile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment