Saturday, August 15, 2009

Catching Up - Stuff I Didn't Post

This week marks the first of many catch-up posts. I've had my hands full and it keeps getting busier. Don't let me fool you, I like it.

1. Hospital Time - Spent some time in the hospital having a roller coaster time. All's well that ends well. I did get a refresher on CPR. Here's my practice dummy. By the way, playing puppeteer with the CPR dummy is only humorous to a finite number of nurses.


2. Someone Else Drives My Car - I let someone else drive my car while we were at the hospital. Now, here's the funny thing. I usually get around 20mpg when I drive it. I'll be the first to admit my right foot is heavier than the left but it was funny to get the car back and see this... yeah, 27.2mpg... lol.

3. Doodling - I was drawing on the magnetic doodle board and made a tribute to my friend, Tony, who pulled his own electrical permit and is in the process of replacing all the wiring in his 1920's house. I personally wouldn't want do to this myself but I'm glad to help him out in the little free time I have.


4. Stupid Bees - I was trimming along the wood pile on the side of my house when I got swarmed by some bees. I wasn't sure where the hive was so I knocked the pile down. Of course, that pissed them off. I waited until the evening and finished knocking the rest down then again ran for cover this time with bees in tow (by the way, bees tend to attack dark colors, especially blue. It was not smart to wear a dark-blue shirt while messing with the bees. Duh, I learned that in high school biology class). The next morning I watched and found that the hive had built a nest underground between two pieces of wood. I went to the local store and bought some super-mega-kill bee wasp and flying things with a stinger killer. I applied vigorously and ran for cover. Checked again in the evening and there were still bees. They received application #2. The next morning, I didn't see bees so I flipped the wood off to get to the hive in the ground. Just then, friggin' bees! I waited until the swarm diminished (much quicker now that they got the 1-2). I finished the can of bee spray. That evening at dusk I went back to the hive and used the shovel to expose the subterranean hive.... AHHH! More friggin' bees. I was angry now. I got some 'miscellaneous flammable aerosol' from the garage and soaked the hive. A quick spray with a lighter and my flame thrower ignited the nest. That did it! Oops, I may have slightly distorted the vinyl siding... crap.

2 comments:

  1. You do know that you could've just gone back to the store and bought more mega-wasp-and-bee killer, right?

    I am so gonna rag on you for this on Tuesday . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whatever. Flaming chemicals trump regular old non-flaming chemicals any day!

    ReplyDelete