
Long story short, after I got done with the fenced in area, I began mowing around the rest of the property. I always cut in around trees and do the perimeter before I do the flat open space. I was cutting on a hill near the street when BLAM. Before I knew it the mower hit something which forced me forward. Since I'm holding the drive sticks the motion caused me to punch it. Next thing I remember I was up on a tree facing the sky. If it weren't for the hill I was on I would have probably flipped the mower. Luckily, when the mower climbed the tree the back of the mower caught on the hill and pulled the wheels off the ground. I hopped off, caught my breath and dislodged the mower enough to back it up. After a quick look I realized I had caught a stump buried in the tall grass. Matter of fact, I pulled it out of the ground with the mower.

Well, I had busted the deck. The casualties were 2 tensioners (sheared the guides), bent discharge, bent spindle cover, and a busted grease fitting. It took about 2 hours but I was able to get the sucker back together. It wasn't fun but at least I didn't permanently break anything. As my prize, I went back the next day with both my 36" walk behind and 48" ZTR and finished the yard in the rain. I guess any day I crash a mower and get to walk away isn't all that bad. I'll take it.
No comments:
Post a Comment