Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Playing in the Attic

It really wasn't as fun as it sounded. My attic has about 8" of blow-in insulation which is great if you want to keep thermally insulated but sucks if you're trying to find joists to walk on. To make a long story short, I thought I may have a leak at my gable vent so I headed up only to find that the crappy foamboard "cover" had blown apart. I crawled my lazy butt back out, got some supplies and put it all back together. I guess I won't know 100% if it worked until we get some severe weather but at least back to it's original jankey design. Thanks to my crappy home builder. I just can't imagine why they got sued out of business.


...here we go

Oops. Also, nice "structure" behind the brick.

It was nothing some nails, staples and caulk couldn't fix

No comments:

Post a Comment