Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Food Poisoning Sucks

Like the title says, food poisoning sucks....well, it more blows than sucks but you get the gist. I ate some BW3's chicken wings and about 40 minutes later they got their revenge. Unfortunately, I was visiting with a friend from Europe when they attacked. I had to bail on him and I spent the next couple of hours sweating, hurling and trying to keep one eye open so the room didn't spin out of control. Yep, it was Mr. Toad's wild ride for sure. Also, yes, hot wings burn the same way coming up that they did going down. No, it's not pleasant but once you get that juice in your nose, it doesn't really take much to re-initiate the eject sequence. Happily, I finally got to sleep.... well, more passed out from exhaustion.


On the other hand, I had a "day off" of work where I only sat on my laptop for 6 hours on my couch. No, it's not really a sick day from the work perspective but it certainly felt like it by all the aches. At one point, it felt like someone had sucker-punched me in the kidneys. All that behind me, I'm just glad I can stand again without feeling like I'm standing in the ocean.


What's the moral of this story? No more chicken wings for a while. Not from there at least. Chicken will always be my friend. I'll have to pay more attention to the evil plots of Mango Habanero Sauce and Blue Cheese Dip.

No comments:

Post a Comment